Conservative Dentistry SAQ questions chapter wise
Pulpal & periradicular pathoses
1. What is phoenix abscess?
2. Write down the clinical features & management of phoenix abscess.
3. What are the iatral causes of pulpal diseases?
4. What is pulp necrosis/ how can you diagnose it?
5. Write down the differences between pulpitis & periodontitis.
6. Reversible pulpitis (all)
7. Management of acute periapical abscess.
8. A 25 year old girl has come with the complaints of pain during chewing on upper right premolar. What is your diagnosis & treatment plan?
9. Differentiate alveolar abscess, granuloma & cyst.
10. Short note: chronic alveolar abscess
11. Write the diagnostic aids in Pulpal pathology
Pulp space anatomy
1. Write short notes on: canal configuration. Accessory & lateral canal
2. Pulp space anatomy of maxillary & mandibular lateral incisors.
3. Root canal configuration.
Indication & contraindication of RCT
1. What are the indication & contraindication of RCT?
Access cavity preparation
1. State the common errors/mishaps of endodontic cavity preparation.
2. Briefly describe the access cavity design of upper permanent first molar.
3. Briefly describe the access cavity design of lower permanent first molar.
4. Briefly describe the access cavity design of central incisor.
Working length determination
1. Define working length, apical foramen & apical constriction.
2. Write down the significance of working length in brief.
3. Causes of loss of working length. What is tug back sensation?
Instrumentation & preparation of RC system
1. Irrigation & intracanal medicaments
2. Name some commonly used irrigating solution.
3. Briefly describe the method of applying irrigating solution.
4. Which intracanal medicament is ideal for an infected canal & why?
5. How formocresol acts as an intracanal medicament?
6. Irrigant related mishaps
7. Name some commonly used files & write down the features of a K file.
8. Role of Ca(OH)2 & its mode of action.
9. Short note on : NaOCl
10. Colour code of reamers & files/how’ll you separate instruments?
11. Describe AFI & step back technique.
1. Name the different types of fillers & sealers.
2. Briefly discuss about the lateral condensation technique of obturation.
3. What are the sealer &fillers used in RCT
4. How will you ascertain that a tooth is ready for RC obturation?
5. Which obturation technique will you prefer & why. Describe.
6. Name the different types of obturation technique. Describe lateral condensation technique.
1. Describe the bisecting angle technique.
2. What are the types of intraoral & extra oral radiographs?
3. Write down the importance of periapical radiograph before endodontic treatment.
4. What do you mean by OPG & RVG?
5. Discuss the hazards of radiation within the oral cavity.(long term & short term)
6. How’ll you protect a patient from hazards of radiation?
1. Briefly describe the LA techniques used in endodontic treatment.
2. Write down the mode of action & complications of LA.
3. What are the ingredients of LA?
4. Why adrenaline is used in LA?
5. Hazards of LA.
6. Causes of anaesthetic failure.
Microbiological & pharmacological aspect of endodontic
1. Write down the protocol of infection control.
2. Write down the common transmissible diseases of concern in dental practice.
3. Briefly describe the antibiotic prophylaxis for dental procedure.
4. Common antibiotics & and analgesics in endodontic treatment.
1. Indications of apisectomy.
2. What are the methods of immobilization after endodontic surgery.
3. Indication of root resection.
4. Significance of recapitulation & hemi section.
Apexoenesis & apexification
1. What is apexogenesis? Why RCT is necessary after apexogenesis?
2. Differentiate Apexoenesis & apexification
Restoration of endodontically treated tooth
1. Write down the importance of restoration of endodontically treated tooth.
2. What factors will you consider before of restoration of endodontically treated tooth?
3. What are the changes occurred after endodontic treatment?
4. How will you restore a badly broken mandibular 1st molar after endodontic treatment?
5. How’ll you restore endodontically treated anterior tooth?
1. Management of avulsed tooth
2. Luxation injury to the tooth
3. A patient o 25 years old comes with the history of trauma in both maxillary central incisors with fracture of enamel & dentine. What is diagnosis & treatment procedure?
1. Classify cavity preparation.
2. How retention form is given in different cavities?
3. How you prepare a class IV cavity?
4. Matrix band & wedges(purpose also)
5. Auto matrix
6. What are the armamentariums necessary for isolation of tooth?
7. How will you manage ptyalism? What are the different methods of isolation of tooth?
8. Write down the composition, advantage & disadvantages of smear layer.
9. Define & draw class II cavity. How’ll you prepare it?
10. What restoration will you prefer for class IV cavity? Which type of pin is preferred here?
Glass ionomer restoration
1. Write down the endodontic use of GI cement.
2. What are composition, advantage & disadvantage of I cement?
3. Advantage & disadvantage of GI cement over others.
4. In which circumstances will you use GI?
5. Anti cariogenic properties of GI.
6. Classify GI according to use.
7. Setting reaction of GI
1. Write down the types of composite resin according to filler components.
2. What are the advantages & disadvantages of hybrid composite?
3. Write the composition of composite resin.
4. Failure of composite resin.
5. Define liner & base. Role of Ca(OH)2 as a liner close to the pulp.
6. Which lining material is under composite resin & why?
1. What are the causes of failures of amalgam restoration related to faulty cavity preparation?
2. Write down the steps of manipulation of silver amalgam.
3. Toxicities of amalgam filling.
1. Define bonding. What are the steps in bonding protocol?
2. Describe acid etch technique.
3. How the bonding of composite occurs?
4. Primer, etchant, bonding
5. Etching procedure
6. Short note: bonding.
1. Classify root caries.
2. What is the difference between affected & infected dentine.
3. Short note: incipient caries.
4. What are the factors of caries formation?
5. Zone o dentine caries.
Pins in restoration:
1. Complications of pin fixication.
2. Classify pin according to the fixing mechanism.
Discoloration of tooth & its management:
1. Mention different bleaching technique.
2. Write down the walking bleach technique.
3. What are the dentist related causes for discoloration of tooth?
4. Write down the complication of bleaching.
5. Causes of extensive discoloration of tooth.
6. Indication & technique of home bleaching.
Non carious cervical lesions
1. Classify/name the cervical lesions. What are the common causes of cervical lesions?
2. What are the general preventive measures of non carious cervical lesions.
3. Diagnosis & management of erosion.
4. Write in brief the etiology, clinical feature & management of erosion & idiopathic erosion.
1. Sterilization technique of endodontic instrument (reamer/file) & GP point?
2. What are the portals of entry of different pathogens into Pulpal & peri radicular area?
Patient assessment and diagnosis
1. How can you diagnose a true combination of endodontic periodontal disease of a tooth.
2. Patient evaluation for infection control.
3. Briefly describe the technique of vitality test by a heated gutta percha stick
1. Define microleakage. How will you reduce microleakage in composite resin?
2. Impact of microleakage.
1. Write down the Endodontic mishap. give their management.
2. What are the Endodontic mishaps during instrumentation? Management of overextended canal.
1. How’ll differentiate between internal & external resorption?
2. Diagnosis & management of external resorption & perforation.
1. Define operative dentistry. What is its purpose?
2. Types of endodontic surgery.
3. Differentiate inlay & onlay.
4. Write down the characteristic features of an ideal occlusion.
5. What factors should be considered for preservation of periodontium during restoration of tooth?
6. What are the effects of occlusal disharmony? How will you diagnose it? What do you mean by functional occlusion?
7. Write down the diagnosis & treatment planning of endodontic emergency.
8. What are the causes of pain during & after RCT?
9. Endo perio relationship