Scurvy – Vitamin C Deficiency
– Vitamin C is required for the synthesis of collagen in humans.
– The chemical name for vitamin C is Ascorbic Acid.
– Scurvy or subclinical scurvy is caused by the lack of vitamin C. In modern Western societies, scurvy is rarely present in adults, although infants and elderly people are affected.
– All Child and Infant Supplements are provided with Vitamin C to avoid Scurvy.
– absence of feeding by the mother breast is one of the most important causes of Scurvy.
Category: Oral Pathology